English and Literature
Submitted By trhdfghnfdtu
This constitution is only a guide. Most of its content is standard, however your group may wish to change or make additions to the aims and objectives.
The name of the group shall be Friends of
To improve the green space generally known as
The group will fulfil the aim by:
* Promoting the health and well-being of the residents of the area and working together as residents regardless of age, ethnic origin, ability, sex, belief or political affiliation recognising the value of our many differences.
* Involving local people in improving the area.
* To carry out and promote both environmental improvement and practical conservation, to educate, encourage and support the local population in environmental practice by working with statutory and non statutory agencies.
* Promoting sport, community recreation and play facilities.
* To raise funds and receive contributions where appropriate to finance the work.
* To publicise and promote the work.
* Open bank accounts.
* Make rules and standing orders for categories of members and their rights.
* Take out insurance.
* Organise meetings, training courses and events.
* Work with similar groups and exchange information and advice with them.
* Take any action that is lawful, which would help it to fulfil its aims.
(a) Membership of Friends of shall be open to anyone who is interested in helping the group to achieve its aim and willing to abide by the rules of the group.
(b) Every member shall have one vote at general meetings.
(c) The Management Committee shall have the power to refuse…...