Business and Management
Submitted By fethi
REVIEW QUESTIONS – Solomon’s Chapter 1
1. Provide a definition of consumer behavior.
2. What are demographics? Give three examples of demographic characteristics.
3. What is the difference between a culture and a subculture?
4. Define market segmentation.
5. What is role theory, and how does it help us to understand consumer behavior?
6. What do we mean by an exchange?
7. Why is it important for businesses to learn about their heavy users?
8. What is database marketing? Give an example of a company that uses this technique.
9. What is popular culture, and how does this concept relate to marketing and consumer behavior?
10. The chapter states that “people often buy products not for what they do, but for what they mean.” Explain the meaning of this statement and provide an example.
11. Describe two types of relationships a consumer can have with a product.
12. What is meant by the term “global consumer culture”?
13. What is the difference between B2B and B2C e-commerce?
14. The economics of information perspective argues that advertising is important. Why?
15. Provide two examples of important legislation that relates to American consumers.
16. Define social marketing and give an example of this technique.
17. Define consumer addiction and give two examples.
18. What is an example of a consumed consumer?
19. What is shrinkage, and why is it a problem?
20. Define anticonsumption, and provide two examples of it.
21. Name two different disciplines that study consumer behavior. How would their approaches to the same issue differ?
22. What are the major differences between the positivist and interpretivist paradigms in consumer research?
23. Provide a definition of consumer behavior. It is the study of the processes involved…...